Sunday, October 21, 2012

Wooohooo Popped my cherry!

Well quilt show Cherry that is!   We came, we saw, we sold, and smiled a lot!

It was an eye opening experience seeing how talented the Castlegar ladies are.   I say ladies because I did not see any men represented but I do know of a couple men who are fantastic quilters!

The local talent was impressive.  Their guild is only 40 strong but there were 100 or just over quilts on show!   

I have met both the ladies interviewed for that article.   Timmy Jean is a fantastic quilter!  She even snow dyes her fabrics! I asked how many month that meant she could dye in and she said at least 6!

Linda Cassidy has such a whimsical nature to her quilts that they seem to come alive! She uses Swarovski crystals, seed beads and anything else to just make it pop!

Both these ladies are so incredibly sweet and good natured and willing to help!

Since it became official this weekend that the shop is closing it makes me feel like I should have or could have done more to keep it afloat.   I know that is totally unrealistic so i will just have to get over it!  

I picked up these pack of yumminess over the weekend and  I really want to make something out of them..... couch blanket anybody??
So they are 5 inch squares and I have 84 of them I already have a backing and or border picked out.    But I am stumped on how to sew them together.  In color grouping? Pattern groupings or my logic stick them in a bag and reach in???


So tomorrow I get to rest... Thank you Boss Lady :)



1 comment:

  1. I have just nnominated you for a Liebster Award. :o) http://www.everybodyneedsalittlesugar.com/2012/11/liebster-award-nominee.html

    ReplyDelete